Monday, September 17, 2007

Ultra Slim Fast

Over the weekend, I bought the Daxter silver PSP-2000/slim pack as well as component cables. I'm not gonna do a super comprehensive comparison as you can find it on so many sites now. I do have to say that it's pretty sweet like the DS lite, as the feel is very nice. It's crazy how much lighter it is and the directional buttons are a huge improvement. Fighting games are now actually more responsive, but still feels weird cuz I'm not playing on a stick. Hooking up to the HDTV was nice and easy. It was cool playing some games on the TV (though it doesn't fill up the entire TV screen) as it's progressive scan. Only thing I don't like is that my save files for certain games don't work on the PSP-2000 cuz those saves are only recognized by the original PSP. Thus, games that have online ranking (Tekken DR, DJ MAX 2) must be replayed on the Slim, to have everything unlocked. So, it's not really the PSP's fault. So if one of you haven't gotten a PSP yet and were thinking about it, I'd definitely recommend. If you already have one, it may be not be worth it unless you're into the TV output. As for homebrew...well that's another topic.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice R8, I want one, but I already own a first gen one. I'm torn because the one I have just collects dust on my shelf...(sigh) decisions.

Unknown said...

+100 for the Tama-nee image!

R8 said...

@ pb19: well, PSP has and will be getting some really great games. My most anticipated is Castlevania, but otherwise, FF Tactics, Jeanne D'Arc, FF Dissidia, KH: Birth by Sleep, Crisis Core, Metal Gear P0+ should maybe get you playing again.

@ alex: thanks, I really like that pic myself, even though I never watch TH ^^;

The Man said...

Dude. Your PSP looks hot. Hope I can save enuff in the coming months to get one.

Grey Soul said...

"...but still feels weird cuz I'm not playing on a stick..."

But the PSP has a stick... actually what do you mean